1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I add songs to the songs on my Ipod when I'm using a new itunes library?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Munchie5101, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Munchie5101

Munchie5101 Thread Starter

How do I add songs to the songs on my Ipod when I'm using a new itunes library?
    I have a lot of songs on my ipod but the itunes library they are on is from my old computer which I can't retrieve and put on my new computer. So I have to use a new itunes library. The problem is that I can't add new songs to my old songs on my ipod because I'm using a new itunes library. The only way to add new songs is to erase all the songs on my ipod that were from my old itunes library on my old computer. How do I keep my old songs and add new songs to my ipod without erasing the old songs on my ipod that are from an itunes library on my old computer which I can't retrieve?

2. jbm1991

jbm1991

what i recommend you do, is go on your old library. plug in your ipod, then in the ipod screen that loads up in itunes when your ipod is connected click on "enable disc usage". now copy all the songs from your hard drive, to your ipod via my computer, as your ipod will now show in my computer as a writable drive, much like a huge memory stick. go to your new library copy all the songs off your ipod via my computer then add them to your new library. delete the songs off the my computer part of your ipod, then simply sync the ipod with your new library.

voila all songs on your new library and your ipod :)

if i wasnt clear there dont hesitate to ask :)

3. Munchie5101

My old computer doesn't work. I can't get the old itunes library on it. I need to find a way to get to the hard drive on my old computer and make copies on what's on it including my old itunes library. What I have on my ipod now is about 1200 songs that were in my old itunes library. I would like to keep those songs on my ipod and add new songs but my new itunes library says if I want to add new songs to my ipod I have to erase the old ones first. I want to know how I can keep the old songs now on my ipod and add new songs with my new itunes library on my new computer.

4. jbm1991

jbm1991

when you say your old computer doesnt work, does the hard drive still work? if so you might be able to take the HD out of your old computer and put it in a spare slot, if it has one, in your new computer, as a secondary drive. then you could pull the songs off it onto your new pc and take it back out again.

youd need to google or ask here for help on changing round hard drives and such. but still, you get my drift.

5. Munchie5101

I can't operate my old computer and I don't know if the hard drive in it still works. Assuming it still works, my new computer has 2 extra slots but it's a HP slimline model and the slots are only 4 inches wide. I wonder if my old hard drive will fit in my new computer.

6. jbm1991

jbm1991

or you could take the old hard drive out, find out what size it is, then see if they make cases for them and turn it into an external hard drive.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/772092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice