1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I adjust my monitor's brightness?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ceder, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ceder

ceder Thread Starter

My LCD monitor is a little over a year old and I feel it is losing brightness. Is this common? How do I make it brighter? I went through some menus with the buttons on the monitor but there isn't any options about brightness.

Nothing in the Control Panel adjust brightness either but I rememberd adjusting brightness somewhere.

So how do I make my monitor brighter?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

There is brightness on all the LCD monitors I've used. What make/model of monitor do you have? I suspect it's there somewhere. :)

3. norton850

norton850

A one year old monitor shouldn't be losing it's brightness. You should try it on another system to see if it looks any better and if you really do have a problem return it under warranty. You can adjust the brightness with your video card settings, but first what it the make and model of your monitor as most do have the controls to adjust brightness.

4. ceder

ceder Thread Starter

It's a Dell E173FP

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

6. ceder

ceder Thread Starter

Yes that's it. Thank you very much.

7. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

I guess you can mark this one solved then.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/461855

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice