1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I adjust screen display, etc. on Sony Vaio laptop?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bj nick, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I was given an old Sony Vaio laptop running Win2000 pro, and I can't figure out how to adjust brightness...where the heck would these settings be?

anyone know? thanks!:confused:

2. winbob

winbob

Well on other Laptops screen brightness is changed by a keyboard combination using the fn (function) key and one of the function (top row) keys. Usually the adjuster key has a picture of the Sun and an UP or DOWN arrow.

3. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

thanks! I found it, but can't figure out how to adjust the brightness...it comes up but I can't figure out exactly what to do...

also...how do I shut it off? there is an "on" switch, but it just sits there on "it's now safe to turn off your computer." How do you shut it off?!

4. winbob

winbob

bj nick,

1. To adj the brightness either repeatedly hit the numbered function key, or hold it down.

2. My HP shuts off by holding down the ON button.

5. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

it worked! thanks! I appreciate it!

One last question...what is the best way to get system info on Win2000...? I want to know ram, cpu speed, etc.(y)

6. desertdragon

desertdragon

Right click your mouse in the TOOLBARS, look for TASK MANAGER and left click your mouse, You will see Applications, Processes and Performance. Click Performance.

Or you can use cpuz

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

7. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Thanks! this issue is resolved- the laptop went kaput!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/493903