How do I auto-save mail in Outlook & Outlook Express?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yashww

I'm trying to duplicate AOL mail's behavior whereby any email message that I read is automatically copied to the saved mail location on my computer, so it remains available even when I'm offline. I want to do this in both Outlook and Outlook Express. I've investigated Mail Rules in both programs, and can't find any rule template that resembles this. Also searched in these forums and tried Microsoft's Outlook support site.

yashww

...I forgot to mention I'm using Outlook or Outlook Express with an IMAP (America Online) account, not POP3. With POP3, all email is already downloaded to my computer, but with IMAP it stays on the server. I can manually copy individual items to my Saved Mail folder, but I want it to happen automatically, triggered by opening/reading the email item.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online