How do I burn a DVD?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sussextraveller

I'm fairly new to computing and I've just been given a relatively new computer which has Windows XP Professional.

I have been told that it has a DVD Writer, but I don't know how to access it and if it has how to burn a DVD.

When I click on My Computer there is an icon which says DVD-Ram Drive. Clicking on the icon brings up a screen which says CD Writing Tasks, but there is nothing about writing a DVD.

I have been thinking about buying a kit to transfer some VHS videos to my PC, but I then want to burn them to a DVD so I really need to know if this is going to be possible.

Help with this problem would be much appreciated.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Run the Nero InfoTool to see what kind of drive is installed and what operations it supports.

What does "relatively new" mean? Windows XP is not a new operating system, and most computers have not shipped with it installed in several years. Video capturing and editing is pretty resource intensive. The computer needs to have enough power for that. You might want to learn a bit more about the system before investing money into it.

sussextraveller

I've made some enquiries and been told that the computer is about a year old and originally had Windows 7 but for some reason the computer supplier changed the operating system to Windows XP, although I don't know why.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online