1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I change owner information in XP?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Leodeus, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leodeus

Leodeus Thread Starter

I recently purchased a Dell desktop for my son. I was able to change him to system administrator in the log-on area, but the previous owner's name is still in the registration properties, as well as in the info such as "c:\Documents and Settings\Previous Owner\My Documents\My Music". How is this information changed? I have a legal copy of an XP Pro upgrade. Would that allow the change to be made (and would I lose any data currently on the machine)? I would prefer to just change something in the registry, or whatever it takes. Please help!!!

2. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

3. Firah

Firah

Regedit: HKLM\software\MS\WinNT\Current Version> RegisteredOwner.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/238280

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice