1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how do I change the colour of my text....? (images included)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by slice3500, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. slice3500

slice3500 Thread Starter

Hello there!

Help required please!

The text of all my files has turned blue for some reason. I knos this may sound odd, so here's a screenshot to let you know what i mean;

[​IMG]

Can you see the blue coloured text of the filenames?

Is there any way I can revert this back to black, as I really don't know why this has happened!
    Muchos gracias in advanceĀ¬!

2. pubtech

pubtech

hi.

somehow the files are now compressed. right click/ folder and file and select properties, advanced and untick compress.

3. slice3500

slice3500 Thread Starter

ohhhh right, that makes sense now... I compressed my hard drive a few days ago.. thank you for that!

I didn't really know what I was doing tho (in compressing my h/d - I was just trying to free up memory and tweak performance)... are my files at risk?

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Your system will run real slow as each file it needs to access, has to be uncompressed.

I would turn OFF this compression and get back to a normal machine.

Are you having a memory (RAM) or a hard drive issue, for the need of doing this compression of the drive?

5. slice3500

slice3500 Thread Starter

Hi Dave, thanks for the input,
    I wasn't necessarily having any problems before I compressed the H/D, I just assumed (...I know!) that the compression process would be similar to the way 7zip, Rar, Zip archives are created and would free up a whole load of GB's

Well... I've managed to uncompress the H/D by simply unchecking the box under Computer >> Properties;
    [​IMG]
    I started the process at approximately 8am... left for work at 8.45am with it still @ 1% completed! Jesus, it takes ages!
    Thankfully tho, when I came back home at around 6.30pm it had been un-compressed.

Nice one for the input/advice fellas!

I have learned the hard way not to compress the hard drive! But at least I've learned something //// cheers! (y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/952890

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice