How do I Clean my Laptop?

Rondetto

I haven't done this before. I have a new Laptop and sync everything from my old one. I've promised someone my old Laptop but I need to wipe it clean without losing anything on my new Laptop.
How do I go about it please, I remember deleting something from my old Laptop and it had gone off my new too. I don't want that to happen If I wipe everything
off this old one.
Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks
Ron

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
How do you sync everything currently from your old laptop to your new one? Which operating system are you running on them?

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
You still haven't explained how you are synchronising between the old laptop and the new one.

Rondetto

I don't know. All I can tell you is that when I change something on my new computer it changes on the old one.
I do recall a request to sync and I clicked on ok.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
I do recall a request to sync and I clicked on ok.
From which application? It's nigh-impossible to give you sound advice if I don't know the parameters.

Rondetto

Sorry. I'm not very much up to that. I just wondered If I clicked on default whether it would delete everything from my new computer.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
I'm sorry, but I don't have enough knowledge upon which I can base an informed opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online