1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I clear a BIOS password?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Puritan, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Puritan

Puritan Thread Starter

I just replaced my BIOS battery and now with all the settings erased, I'm trying to go into the BIOS and fix them, but it's asking me for a password and won't let me get in without it. What the heck? Isn't removing and replacing the battery supposed to get rid of all settings, including the BIOS password? I didn't have a password on my BIOS before I replaced the battery, and now I have no idea what this one is or how to get around it. And I can't take the battery out to make it forget, because taking the battery out was what started this mess to begin with. :confused: Anyone know how to get in?

2. norton850

norton850

3. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    I moved it to the Hardware section for you ...

4. Borhan

Borhan

it's easy my friend in all types of motherboards there is a jumper for this jop, which by removing it and place it in some other order clear and restart your cmos settings . the location of jumper and the way it working is differ from motherboard to another show check your motherboard manuall to find this jumper .......

5. Puritan

Puritan Thread Starter

I found the jumper and cleared it.

Thanks, everyone!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275499

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice