How do i clear cache from Amazon music app?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DBR70

Im trying to see where i can clear cache from the Amazon music app, but I can’t find it..07566D72-13FB-4727-8B91-DF51E19B26DD.png
A6506D53-97B0-4019-BF70-233B6B9B957D.jpeg
F9022886-A55B-454F-885B-09A76C36A251.jpeg
there’s nothing here that says “storage section“….

Last edited:

DBR70

I was looking at my other apps and theres only one app that i have i can clear cache and thats Spotify.

DBR70

I did choose settings from the list, as you can see in the photos there is no “storage section“. Where it says “sign out” is the very bottom.

Couriant

James
I did choose settings from the list, as you can see in the photos there is no “storage section“. Where it says “sign out” is the very bottom.
I think you missed what I am referring to. The directions you are following is for the Android version. The iOS does not have those options as highlighted in my image. You will need to go to https://music.amazon.com/showDebugOptions in your iOS browser and clear that, but that's about it.

DBR70

That photo is from my Apple ipad so no that is not Android.

Couriant

James
Why would the Apple app give me Android direction?
And i just tried that link it just opend up my music library…
That looks like a browser, which will not distinguish between the devices.... plus the actual page in the image i posted for the directions shows Android instructions first. I guess the search result didn't highlight what you needed in the answer and you needed to click on on the link below it.

DBR70

No its an app. And its under my moms name because we share an Amazon account. I went to profile and it says i have to set up a profile. Im afraid to do that because it may effect the way my mom shops on Amazon.

Couriant

James
No its an app. And its under my moms name because we share an Amazon account. I went to profile and it says i have to set up a profile. Im afraid to do that because it may effect the way my mom shops on Amazon.
I am not sure about the profile thing but it's possible that it would switch from her profile to yours so she will need to switch back, but to go back to the original question, the app looks like it used Google for searches which is the norm for most sites/apps. Even when I search it shows the same thing as you did:

1632158703581.png

So in this case, you will need to log into the same amazon account that your app has logged into to get to the options I showed you for the iOS steps. Other than that, there is not much else you can do.

DBR70

It is the same Amazon accoun. Theres only one account, its under my mom’s name.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online