1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how do I close ports

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by dwaynea515, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dwaynea515

dwaynea515 Thread Starter

I just did a Port scan through shields up and I have 3 open ports they are 22, 37, and 53 can someone tell me how to close these ports? I am using XP with a router and hardware firewall. Thanks in advance

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

3. dwaynea515

Thanks Rog for the reply I dont know how to enable the Xp firewall but I have a hardware firewall with my router. So if these arent that dangerous I will let it go. Thanks again

4. Denim

Denim

Also to Dwayne, U can go to www.sygate.com and download their Free Personal firewall. They are the best. And their personal one is free for Personal Use, and U can register it , and they do keep it up dated for you all for free. And it is the only one that I know of to date that has never been hacked thru. And It does keep your system in full stealth mode , and there are five different Scans that you can run. Including a check for trojans.
    I highly Recommend it to anybody . Sygate is the only Firewall that I will Run in any and all of my systems !!!
    :)Denim:)
    One more thing too, Ive ran security checks with sygate at shields up , at Symantec, at DSL Reports, And At Sygates sight itself , And they all came up showing My system in full stealth mode, And Shields up to me that this was a well harden Machine for just Running The XP home edition. And with the zone alarm or any of the other firewalls that I have used , They left holes in my system (ports open) . But Sygate has never done so , and to this date it is the only one that I have found on record that has NEVER been hacked through. And has gotten the highest of Govt . Awards, And High awards from Pc Mag, Tech Tv, Times , and Forbes . But dont take my word for it , cruise on over there and scope out the site for yourself. I will bet you my bottom dollar that this is one of the best Pieces of Free
    software that you can find. And it does so Much to for such a great price to.

5. dwaynea515

Thanks for the advice Denim and thanks for the other sites too Wayne

6. starman2002

starman2002

Sygate is a great firewall...its what I use as well.And the price can't be beat.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165357

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice