How do I connect bluray to tv?

J4n3dt8nd79

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 16322 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 240, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 1845 GB (582 GB Free); D: 15 GB (15 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2AF7
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Can someone give me or show me where there are step by step instructions on how to connect a Sony BDPS3500 Blu-ray Player to a LG 55" Class 4K UHD Smart LED HDR TV? My friends and I are trying and trying but can not make the tv work with the player. We have connected the HDMI cable from the tv to the player. The problem is that the tv will not recognize, if that is the right way to put it, the player.

Thanks for your help.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Some things to try:

If the TV has more than one HDMI input, make sure the TV's source setting is using the correct HDMI port.

If you are using the TV with another HDMI source OK, try disconnecting the HDMI cable from that source and connecting it to the Blue-ray player. Power cycle the player after connecting to it.

Oddba11

Jim
Simply connect the HDMI cable (as you have done), power them both on, and then select the appropriate input in the TV menu.

Aside from that, test the player on another TV.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
To echo what has been mentioned, you would need to use a HDMI cable (preferred/best quality) between the two devices. Typically your type of TVs should have at least 2-3 ports (Mine has 4..)

If you have set the HDMI channel on the TV correctly to the port you used, and the Blu-ray device is turned on, then try a new HDMI cable.

Worse case to confirm if the player is not working correctly, before using a different TV, try connecting with the Coaxial Cable. You would need the TV to be on channel 3 or 4 i would assume.

J4n3dt8nd79

Thank you for your replies. I did get everything working. I connected the tv with an hdmi cable to a OREI 1x2 HDMI Splitter. Connected the bluray player with an hdmi cable to the OREI 1x2 HDMI Splitter. I connected my audio receiver to the tv with RCA audio connectors.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If I am reading your first and last posts correctly, a direct HDMI connection between the Blu-ray player and the TV did not work. Feeding the Blu-ray player's HDMI output through an HDMI signal splitter and then feeding one of the splitter's outputs to the same HDMI input on the TV as used for the direct connection, did work properly. Is that correct? Is anything connected to the other output of the splitter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online