1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I connect my laptop to Sony TV to watch movies

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eddieunderdown, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eddieunderdown

eddieunderdown Thread Starter

I'm trying to connect my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop to a Sony KDF-E50A12U TV. I have connect both units with the correct cords, but every time I press the switch screen buttons on the computer, it freezes & crashes. I know the cords are correct, because if I press them while the computer is loading up, it shows the load up screen on the big tv, but as soon as the computer has finished its start up, it switches back to the computer screen and then when I press the switch screen buttons again, it freezes/ crashes. Does anyone know how i can do this?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    how are you connected
    VGA ? lead
    I'll need to look at the specs of the machines
    Its not HD by anychance, as this may not display on some older tv with a HDMI cable - I have this issue on my Sony and OLDer Humax TV - it worked fine on various TVs in the store

3. eddieunderdown

eddieunderdown Thread Starter

It's a VGA cable for the screen and a normal sound cable for the sound.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i assume you set the TV to PC input and then on laptop hit something like F5 to toggle onto output

do yo have a PC screen you can try it on ?

5. joeyDneedshelp

joeyDneedshelp

Have you tried updating the drivers for your gfx card?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/867478

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice