1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I convert my vhs tapes to DVD?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by ndrivers26, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ndrivers26

ndrivers26 Thread Starter

I have a monster size collection of vhs tapes and i would like to convert them to dvd using my computer. i bought a tvtuner card then took it back because no one could tell me how to use the thing. Please tell me what i need to buy and do to solve this problem.:confused:

2. thecoalman

thecoalman

The quick easy solution? Get a DVD recorder, you can rip these discs to your computer for authoring and editing.

Good high quality captures for archiving? Get a digital video camera with passthrough. Store the captures on both tape and an external drive. You can use them as sources for converting to DVD compliant material and in future projects for next gen formats.

Be aware that if your collection contains mostly commercial tapes they will have Macrovision protetction and most capture devices will refuse to capture them.

3. kidcnote

kidcnote Banned

I never used a puter and all I did was throw the VHS tape to transfer to DVD in my VHS player and ran the signal through my DVD recorder, threw in a blank DVD+R and hit play on the VHS player and record on the DVD recorder..Transfer sucessful

4. soniq

soniq

why keep an old vhs?:D

5. kidcnote

kidcnote Banned

In the future you'll ask, "Why keep an old DVD or CD" :rolleyes:

6. thecoalman

thecoalman

Guess that really depends on the content, I have hours and hours of VHS here I converted to digital. It's all family footage, throwing it away would be like throwing away a family album after scanning the pictures. BTW it's recommended you always keep the originals no matter what format they are in, even VHS.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488407

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice