1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do i convert the PDF picture files to Infranview.. etc...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by hi!, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hi!

hi! Thread Starter

??? what happen?? I transfer some picture files from another computer to my Flash unit and then when i go look at the pictures It's in PDF format??? I can't even use infranview or Windows Picture program to open them up??

How do i convert all the PDF files back to Pictures i can view?? and what is PDF????

Thanks!!!

2. kath100

kath100

3. jbcalg

jbcalg

almost sounds like the file extension got wonky
    try renaming a pic to whatever.jpg (or whatever format it originally was in) and see if it's viewable

normally an adobe product or a pdf maker software would be involved - if you don't have/use those, then look for a different explanation

4. hi!

hi! Thread Starter

Thanks for all your help!! Now that i look at it.. the other picture files have funny extensions too not just PDF.. like SIG.. HCR ???? What happen!! AHHH!!

Ps. How do i rename a Pic to a .jpg?? I know how to change the name on a file but not the extension.. Thanks again!!

5. buck52

buck52 Banned

navigate to one of the files...

Hold the shift key and right click...choose "open with" then select the program you want to use...put a dot in the box ..."always use this program" and click ok

buck

6. hi!

hi! Thread Starter

Thanks for the help buck.. I been doing that.. it works on some files but not on all but I didn't use the Shift key.. I just use the regular Right click is there a difference?? How do i change the extension name on the file? or is that method the same thing??

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice