1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how do i correctly install H/L 2 episode one

Discussion in 'Games' started by bloom, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bloom

bloom Thread Starter

I just bought the game and installed it ang got the following " error steam.exe (main exception0 unable to load library stea.dll), i then tried to install via the net and more than one hour later and after giving my game id number, I had on the desktop a steam icon, H/L deathmatch icon, H/L 2 deathmatch icon H/L 2 episode one icon, and another steam icon in the systray, i clicked the H/L 2 episode one icon but could not start the game as it tried to connect, I am not in the least interested in playing on line, i just want to play in single paly mode, so how do i install correctly, hopefully i uninstalled thoroughly (but i dont think so)

thank you

jean bloom

2. timothye

timothye

hello m8 ,
    first of all you need to have valves game client "STEAM" installed on your machine inorder to play valves games .. steam will need to connect to the net inorder for you to connect to the desired game .. so fire up steam and under the my games tab . slect episode 1 and it will launch .. just so you know there isnt a MP game for episode 1 .
    hope this helps ,
    Cheers
    MGT .

3. bloom

bloom Thread Starter

thank you for your reply

as stated above I got on the net and obviously got confused so i un-installed, This then means I have to get back on the net for another one and a half hours, I am getting sorry I bought the damb game. Anyway thanks again

jean bloom

4. timothye

timothye

It's really not a big problem , you HAVE to have steam installed in order to play these games .. i personally think steam is 1 brilliant piece of software .. but why would you need 1½ hours . steam .exe is only about 708 kb so that doesnt take more than a few seconds to download .. then under the my games tab select episode 1 and install it .. simple m8 .
    good luck
    Cheers
    MGT = Mad gamer timo

5. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

Steam will require you to download all the latest patches for a game before being able to play, so maybe that's what took that length of time?

6. timothye

timothye

that is the beauty of steam . you dont need ot go and find updates for your game , they are just applied when you fire up steam .. so check the "my games" tab in steam to see if they are 100% ready to play .- easy as pie
    cheers

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!