1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I create a hyperlink in email?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kjjb0204, Nov 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 Thread Starter

I have Outlook 2002 and would like to be able to create hyperlinks, but instead of it showing the whole address as the link, have a single word.....so it looks something like "If you want to read more, click HERE" so that you can click on HERE and it takes you to the link........thanks

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

kaihead
    This is how I do it in OE, Do not know if Outlook is the same.

Create hyperlink using the insert feature in the body of E-mail then go to source and change the a href= string as I show in the attached text file.
    Dave

I used an example of Google and you will see in the line it listed it twice one is the hyperlink and the other is the text that will display in its place.

Attached Files:

3. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Click where you want the hyperlink to be, click insert>hyperlink>put it in the box that appears>click ok. You can even attach it to a word by highlighting the word first like you were going to copy and paste it. Works the same in OE.

4. Davey7549

Davey7549

Thanks Doyce
    I've been doing it the other way and of course there is an eaisier way!:D:D:D
    Dave

5. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

No problem. I ran across it by accident trying to find a quick way to do it. Took me a long time and no one I asked seemed to know either.

6. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 Thread Starter

Actually, the second method you mention is the only way it worked. If I just click where I want to insert a link, click insert hyperlink, enter the address and click ok, it actually shows the address. It works right if I type a word to act as the hyperlink text, select it, then insert a hyperlink. The highlighted word then becomes a link.

Thanks for the information! That's exactly what I was looking for!

7. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Anytime. :)

8. hewee

hewee

Man glad I use Netscape Messenger because it's real easy. I just right click and pick "Insert New Link". A box come up and you have a place for the link and one for the name you want. Or you can type your message and go back and highlight a word and right click and pick "Create Link Using Selected" and paste you link.

9. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

hewee- Its sounds different but actually its about the same. Same # of steps anyway.

10. hewee

hewee

DoyceJ,

Well I can't really say because I have never used Outlook. I know there are less steps get to a lot of things in Netscape.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!