1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved How do I create a slide show with a sound track

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by linsjean, Feb 27, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. linsjean

linsjean Thread Starter

I have finished choosing my photos and used Paint to write on the photos.

I want to create a slide show for a gentleman who is who is elderly and his health is touch and go. I want to bring my laptop to his inevitable funeral. That funeral parlor won't allow me to use the large hall. It's an insurance scam, but I will do this as a memorial for him, even if I have to bring my laptop and place it on a TV tray. I will buy the guest book for the visitations of the body.

I would like to find a Program that will allow me to create a slide show that will allow me to insert a sound track. I did this before my family, and I was able to create an blue screen where I typed "Family". I was able to set the duration of each photo to display for about 10 seconds. I was able to make the photos look like they flipped (like flipping a page in a photo album). I was able to make transitions. I then uploaded it to Youtube and set it to private, then I got the URL so I could share it with family and friends. I know Youtube has copywright laws, so I need to find an instrumental song that they will approve. At the end, I even had a slide where I typed "I love you all". I also want my slideshow to repeat because visitors will be coming in different times.

I will go ahead and show you what I previously made. Then maybe you can figure out what program I used. My computer is Windows 10. I do have PowerPoint. I have the app Photos, but I'm asking what video editor would suit my needs best?

This is what I started in app Photos. It do see three little dots that allows it to repeat. I don't know what I am doing.

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    The video editor I use is Adobe Premiere Elements.
    You're in luck - the newer versions only work in W10.
    And I might use the free Audacity to edit the audio if needed.
    If YouTube has a copyright claim against your audio ....
    It just means that they can advertise on YouTube and you can't monetize it (in Most cases)
    I can't see your YT Video ... Looks like you need to make it unlisted, not private

3. linsjean

linsjean Thread Starter

Let's try this again. I made it unlisted

4. linsjean

linsjean Thread Starter

I can't afford the Adobe Premium Elements. It looks like Audiacity is only for audio editing. Is there a free program that I can create a slide show?

5. linsjean

linsjean Thread Starter

Wow, I liked what you did with that, especially the music! How did you insert that sound track? Could you please link me to APE free trial version? Is it a 30 day trial? I want to make sure that I do not download a bunch of extra stuff, so do you recommend custom download?

6. Noyb

First Name:
    Jay
    Yes 30 days ... may take longer to learn it.
    Shut down your audio ... Drag n Dropped the mp3 ... trimmed and faded with APE.
    In a few months it'll be on sale ... (new version about September)
    Adobe Premiere Elements.
    Warning .. editing video can be addictive :D

7. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  8. linsjean

linsjean Thread Starter

Wow, I'm going to download that. Right now I am numbering my photos in the order that I want them displayed. Or do I need to do that? Can the photos be moved around? If I am in the middle of a project, can I edit later?

Editing to clarify... I don't want to do a slideshow for my screensaver. Can I use it as a stand alone slideshow, then save it?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  9. Noyb

First Name:
    Jay
    Irfanview can make a slideshow with sound also

10. linsjean

linsjean Thread Starter

Oh, I have Irfanview! Let me try it out. I'll be back!

11. Noyb

First Name:
    Jay
  12. linsjean

linsjean Thread Starter

I am having problems. Irfranview only allows to save in certain formats. I saved to an .exe file which of course I can't upload that to youtube.

Also, I looked for the mp3 for 409 and then my computer went nuts, I had to force shutdown. How do I get a clean copy of 4o9 (mp3)?

Now I can't shink my window to make it smaller.If I do, it becomes smaller and I can't drop in a file.

Here are some errors I got. See my captures.

Attached Files:

13. linsjean

linsjean Thread Starter

Now I am crying. I called HP Smart friend which was a huge mistake. He did get back my firefox defaults, but when it comes to other third party software, he had no idea. I'll show you what he did, but I will first say he said to use Google Slides. Then I showed him your suggestions, so he used his cursor really fast and made a lot of white spaces in my photos. So, yes he did download Audacity. He did try Powerpoint, and he kept me awake until I almost passed out from lack of food. He wanted a survey and I said no. He left some notes on my computer. And lastly, I looked on Youtube and these are the allowed formats.

Attached Files:

14. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    You may want to try the free trial version of photopia. It does a great job.

15. linsjean

linsjean Thread Starter

Will this program allow me to save to an MP4 so I can upload it to Youtube? Also do you know how I can download the song 409 without my computer going crazy on me? I liked that song to go along with the classic cars that Bill liked. Or even Little Deuce Coup. But I don't know how to get an MP3 into the sound track of the slide show.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!