how do I create my own ftp server?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bball_1523

I've tried numerous ftp programs like ftp explorer, ftp commander, smart ftp, etc. And none of them let me create my own personal computer server so people can connect and download off of it.

-Are there any simple ftp programs that let you create servers and how do I create them with adding passwords, usernames, ports, folders/files to share, upload limit, etc? I have a cable modem connection.

thanks

If all those programs didnt work, you must be doing something incorrectly. What happens when you try to use them?

bball_1523

they will probably let me connect to different servers, but my main problem i want solved is, that I want to CREATE my own server so people can download off that. I couldn't find an option on any of those programs above, that would let me create a server so people can connect to my computer server and download stuff.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online