1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How Do I Delete A Post ?

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by jillian2, Sep 20, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. jillian2

jillian2 Thread Starter

I need to delete a post and don't know how.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

That can only be done by moderators or administrators. And it is usually only done when it is an unintentional duplicate or by request under rare circumstances -- usually it will just be closed or marked solved if there was a solution found.

3. hewee

hewee

You can do so within the first 24 hour edit your post. Also you can delete your post the first 24 hours. If you start a thread you can delete your post and the thread but only if no one else posted. Once someone else has posted then the thread can no be deleted.
    Then if anything has to be changed only the moderators or administrators can do so.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

That sounds right to me, I wasn't sure if they could delete a "thread" in 24hrs if no one had posted ... :)

5. brindle

brindle

To delete a Post you have made to a thread click edit in the post you want to delete. At the top you will see a button that says delete message, select it then just below it click on delete this message.

hewee
    When Indian Larry died I started a thread to make that announcement. As it turned out he was "only" in a coma and so my information was wrong. I immediately (within ten minutes) went and tried to delete the thread but that option wasn't available, no one had posted to it.I asked a moderator to delete it for me. They were kind enough to do so.
    Indian Larry died a few hours later at which time I started a new thread.
    All that to say I am now confused as to how and when a thread can be deleted.

6. hewee

hewee

brindle,

You used to be able to delete a thread because I have done so. Eddie tested it after I posted and said you could also but he is a mod so I guess the option shows up for him.

I know I just made a "delete thread test" and I can't delete the thread so sorry for saying you can when now you can't.

7. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Hewee: Threads can only be deleted by mods or administrators. Titles can only be edited by mods after a certain time too. I know from personal experience! ;) :D

8. hewee

hewee

Your a mod so you can delete this thread.

Delete tread test * do not post *
    http://forums.techguy.org/t276720.html

It did not work. But make your own and see if you can do what I said.
    I just know long ago I was able to delete a thread because I did so.

9. brindle

brindle

hewee
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. After your post I figured there was something I'd missed in trying to delete a thread.

Jillian2
    You can delete a post of yours though. See my post number 5

10. hewee

hewee

Your welcome brindle.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276332

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice