1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I delete info in drop down boxes

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ladybearbc, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladybearbc

ladybearbc Thread Starter

I think this is probably in the wrong section - but didn't really know where to post it.

When I log in to a variety of sites and programs - and fill in forms - many times the box will drop down and there are answers I have provided on past forms.

I am pretty sure I don't want this info showing up all the time.

How do I delete it?

I understand some of it is because I occassionally click 'remember me' for some of the sites. But there are others that I do not

Any suggestions would be great

Thank you

2. bkdc

bkdc

You may get a better response if you let us know what browser you are using. :confused:

Assuming that you are using IE-7:
    Click TOOLS
    Click DELETE BROWSER HISTORY
    Click the FORM DATA button

3. ladybearbc

ladybearbc Thread Starter

Oh - I am so sorry - yes - I am using IE 7 (not sure of the number - but definitely IE)

I have windows XP

I tried your suggestion - and that seems to have worked for some - will check on a couple of others and see what happens there.

Thank you so much

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698975

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice