1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I delete old Twitter accounts?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bj nick, Nov 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Over the years I used Twitter only for job-related functions, specifically for extended school field trips. To avoid confusion for the parents, I created a new account(?) every year.....#specialtrip2013, #specialtrip2014, etc. Now, I'd like to delete every one of those old accounts(?) and establish a new Twitter account. I use scare quotes for "account," because I don't understand whether these are "accounts" or just different variations of my overall account.....in searching for "how to delete my Twitter account," I'm concerned that I may not be deleting what I should, and it could lead to problems later on. Any help appreciated!

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Um.....that is the first thing I searched for when I started...."how to delete my Twitter account." As I specifically stated. I have a couple of questions/concerns in my post and I'd love for those to be addressed. I know how to find a "how-to."

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

5. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Sorry, Twitter is confusing to me.........Are all Twitter accounts individual--that is, they are tied to an email address, so you could have, say, 10 email addresses/10 Twitter accounts......and they're all different? Or is there one overall Twitter account under my name, and deleting that account means I now have zero Twitter presence....and the other accounts are automatically deleted?

6. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

AFAIK, each one is an individual account.

7. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

So in other words, I just go through and individually delete all the accounts I no longer need.....correct?

8. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Correct ... but I think Twitter uses the term "Deactivate".

9. GrinHulk

GrinHulk

Yeah, then they permanently delete the account after 30 days of no recovery.

10. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219172

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice