How do I delete old Twitter accounts?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bj nick

Over the years I used Twitter only for job-related functions, specifically for extended school field trips. To avoid confusion for the parents, I created a new account(?) every year.....#specialtrip2013, #specialtrip2014, etc. Now, I'd like to delete every one of those old accounts(?) and establish a new Twitter account. I use scare quotes for "account," because I don't understand whether these are "accounts" or just different variations of my overall account.....in searching for "how to delete my Twitter account," I'm concerned that I may not be deleting what I should, and it could lead to problems later on. Any help appreciated!

bj nick

Um.....that is the first thing I searched for when I started...."how to delete my Twitter account." As I specifically stated. I have a couple of questions/concerns in my post and I'd love for those to be addressed. I know how to find a "how-to."

bj nick

Sorry, Twitter is confusing to me.........Are all Twitter accounts individual--that is, they are tied to an email address, so you could have, say, 10 email addresses/10 Twitter accounts......and they're all different? Or is there one overall Twitter account under my name, and deleting that account means I now have zero Twitter presence....and the other accounts are automatically deleted?

bj nick

So in other words, I just go through and individually delete all the accounts I no longer need.....correct?

Correct ... but I think Twitter uses the term "Deactivate".

• When deactivated, your Twitter account, including your display name, username, and public profile, will no longer be viewable on twitter.com, Twitter for iOS, and Twitter for Android.
  • For up to 30 days after deactivation it is still possible to restore your Twitter account if it was accidentally or wrongfully deactivated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online