How Do I Delete Windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

isawthesign

I recently downloaded windows xp home edition ,
I have windows xp professional and windows 98 on it .
I only want to run windows xp home edition how can I get rid of the other two ? every time I start my computer it asks me which system would i like to log into ... please help me delete windows xp professional and windows 98 !
Its taking up all my drive and making my computer very slow

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Under rare circumstances, you may need to uninstall Windows XP Professional and return to your original operating system.

To uninstall Windows XP

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs.

• Click Windows XP Professional, click Remove and then follow the instructions on your screen.

IMPORTANT
You cannot uninstall Windows XP Professional if you:

• Changed your hard disk configuration, for example, if you have converted from FAT to NTFS or have created partitions

• Upgraded from Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 Professional.

This site is for uninstalling Windows 98

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;186102

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online