1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I delete without having to confirm each time?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by joeAgain------, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joeAgain------

joeAgain------ Thread Starter

In Win98SE, whenever I right click on an item and chose delete, I always get a confirmation popup asking me if I really want to do that.

How do I set my computer to just send the deleted item to the recycle bin, without bothering me with the confirmation step everytime?

(I know I can't post this in more than one place, but I'd also like to know how to do that in NT and W2K)

thank you

2. JustMe2

JustMe2

First Name:
    Crystal
    Win98se...right click on the recycle bin, go to properties. On first tab it should say global. Remove the checkmark from the box toward the bottom that says display delete confirmation dialog box. (drives me nuts to!)
    As for NT and W2K, I have no clue...maybe someone else will!
    JustMe2

3. joeAgain------

THANKS, JustMe2.

that sounds great, but it isn't working for me on NT, although it looks as you say, and looks to me like it should work.

I'm at work now on NT. I see the checkbox in Global and have unchecked it. But it is still asking me to confirm my deletes.

Do I need to reboot, or something for it to take affect?

4. JustMe2

JustMe2

First Name:
    Crystal
    Well, joeAgain. I have no clue there. I've got 3 machines here and 1 at work, that all I've done is remove that checkmark, and I've never seen that dialog box since. They are all win98se...don't know if that makes any difference.
    JustMe2

5. joeAgain------

OK, I guess I had some kind of little glitch, or something.

I checked it, clicked apply....then went back in and Unchecked it and clicked apply...and now it works.

Cool!

Thanks alot! I've always hated that double step process for deleting stuff. If I goof-up, I can just go into the recycle bin and restore it.

Great!

Thanks again

6. JustMe2

JustMe2

First Name:
    Crystal
    You're very welcome.
    Now I know that it also works in NT..thank you!
    And I'm with you...if I hit delete, I just want it to delete! Not ask me if I'm sure!
    JustMe2

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112250

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice