how do i disable the ATI on-board video so my nvidia 550ti video card will run my gam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AlexJohn9012

Banned
hi, yes, my motherboard has ATI on board video and it's still on. I have a Nvidia geforce 550 ti video card that i much prefer to run my games.

I'm having a video confusion problem in my games where i can't see some of the video. I was told by the maker of the MOD for the specific game that i need to disable the ATI on board video so there wont be any more conflicts with my Nvidia video card.

How do i disable the on board video on my motherboard. the motherboard is the following:

MSI 790FX-GD70

Thanks.

etaf

First Name
Wayne
you may be able to disable via the bios screen

AlexJohn9012

Banned
to Knucklehead, sorry No it doesn't. i have the owner's manual and i looked in it to see if they might tell me that.

thanks though. I also read the entire online manual and that didn't help either.

of course i would have a line written in BOLD type stating" how to disable on-board video". only because so many people who play games on their computers actually get a real video card that is much better than the cheap on-board stuff.

thanks for your suggestion though.

AlexJohn9012

Banned
to etaf, i was just in the bios and i didn't see any thing that remotely looked like it had anything to do with on-board video.

thanks though.

How do i disable the on board video on my motherboard. the motherboard is the following:
MSI 790FX-GD70
I looked at the pictures of the 790FX-GD70 on the
MSI site....where is the motherboard video port?
Can't disable something that isn't there.

I downloaded the manual and had a quick look and that motherboard does not have onboard video as stated by tom6049. I did notice under Advanced Bios Features > Primary Graphics Adapter with a default setting of [PCI-E]

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online