1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how do i disable the ATI on-board video so my nvidia 550ti video card will run my gam

Discussion in 'Games' started by AlexJohn9012, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AlexJohn9012

AlexJohn9012 Banned Thread Starter

hi, yes, my motherboard has ATI on board video and it's still on. I have a Nvidia geforce 550 ti video card that i much prefer to run my games.

I'm having a video confusion problem in my games where i can't see some of the video. I was told by the maker of the MOD for the specific game that i need to disable the ATI on board video so there wont be any more conflicts with my Nvidia video card.

How do i disable the on board video on my motherboard. the motherboard is the following:

MSI 790FX-GD70

Thanks.

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you may be able to disable via the bios screen

4. AlexJohn9012

to Knucklehead, sorry No it doesn't. i have the owner's manual and i looked in it to see if they might tell me that.

thanks though. I also read the entire online manual and that didn't help either.

of course i would have a line written in BOLD type stating" how to disable on-board video". only because so many people who play games on their computers actually get a real video card that is much better than the cheap on-board stuff.

thanks for your suggestion though.

5. AlexJohn9012

to etaf, i was just in the bios and i didn't see any thing that remotely looked like it had anything to do with on-board video.

thanks though.

6. tom6049

tom6049

I looked at the pictures of the 790FX-GD70 on the
    MSI site....where is the motherboard video port?
    Can't disable something that isn't there.

[​IMG]

7. 2twenty2

2twenty2

I downloaded the manual and had a quick look and that motherboard does not have onboard video as stated by tom6049. I did notice under Advanced Bios Features > Primary Graphics Adapter with a default setting of [PCI-E]

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!