how do I disable the built in CD burning capabilities in XP?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joeAgain------

I need to do this ASAP(and install ForceASPI apparently...which I've downloaded) in order to get my video DVD authoring/burning software to work.

So can someone tell me how to disable the built in CD burning capabilities in XP? I don't even know where to begin looking for them to disable them.

Please

(In fact, do I HAVE to disable it? Can't I just install ForceASPI?)

Try installing Forceaspi first, if it doesnt work then

Disable native CD burning in XP

Right click the CD in My Computer, click Properties/Recording. Uncheck "Enable CD recording on this drive."

Then reinstall your burning application.

joeAgain------

Thanks for the advice, Gotrootdude.

ForceASPI worked!

Now my DVD burner is reconized by all my burning programs and I burned a few DVDs last night.

I Really appreciate your help!
THAT was really mistifying and frustrating.

Thanks again,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts