1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I edit out words I don't want on a picture, with out messing up the picture??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Wolf_Baby_123, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wolf_Baby_123

Wolf_Baby_123 Thread Starter

I'm trying to edit out words I don't want on a picture, with out messing up the picture below the words.
    How would I do that, and dose anyone know of an easy free site??
    Thank you. XD

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    If the file format is JPEG or GIF, the file does not contain any picture information on what is behind the lettering. In that case, if you knew what was behind the lettering, you could use photo editing software like Photoshop or GIMP to copy or rubber-stamp the missing picture details from another portion of the picture or from another picture. I don't think you will find any kind of free web site that will let you upload a picture and have it done for you. If the file is not too large, you could try attaching it to a reply in this thread and some other member here (like Noyb) may be able to do it for you. Not sure if anyone would help you if the lettering is any kind of copyright notice or picture ownership information.

Some picture file formats that support layering may make it easy to restore the picture without the lettering if it was done as a separate letter.

3. Wolf_Baby_123

The picture is from Imikimi.com, it a "In Loving Memory" I'm trying to edit it for my Grandma who passed a year ago, but I don't wanna post it on here with her picture on it, so if I post the one without her picture, is there a way after to copy part of one picture, and transfer it to the other??
    Here is the picture.

[​IMG]

4. Wolf_Baby_123

5. Wolf_Baby_123

There are to parts on it I would like gone with out it messing with the picture below.
    At the bottem, kinda in the middle, and the name here.
    I'm keeping the website on it so it aint really copy right, cause your alould to edit the pictures, on the site.
    Thank you. XD

6. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

This will require an Advanced Image Editor like Photoshop or Elements and probably a lot of practice.
    Depends on what you want to edit .. Maybe I can help.
    If you don't want to post the picture here .. You can email it to me .. read your PM

7. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    It might be a lot easier to find a similar photo of a just the flower. Then use photo editing software to convert it to a colorized monochrome image. Then add the photo of your grandmother and any new text.

EDIT: I have attached one possible example. The original on my computer is 300% bigger but the file size is too large to attach.

Attached Files:

8. Wolf_Baby_123

That is a good idea, thank you. XD
    Thank you both for your help. XD

9. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    You're welcome. Let us know if want some help with making up a new picture.

10. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I got it via Email and worked on it ..
    I'd like to make a new one, I don't like the Black outline of "In Loving Memory Of "

Attached Files:

• 08.jpg
      08.jpg
      File size:
      144.3 KB
      Views:
  11. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

How about something with more of a Garden theme that's fully editable in Photoshop or Elements ??????
    My working file has enough resolution for an 8x10 print ... I used my GGpaw's picture

Attached Files:

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024782

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice