1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I edit video clips together?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Foley471, Feb 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Foley471

Foley471 Thread Starter

I'm trying to make a video montage editing together several video clips into one movie. It there a tool or feature in Win98SE to do this or do I have to buy more software? if so, what software would it be?

2. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

It depends on the format of the video clips. If they are .MPG, I would recommend MPEGJOIN.EXE

It's freeware, but you may have to do a Google search to find it. It's a very small free-standing program. I checked my copy (I don't remember where I got it), and there are no help files, nothing to tell you where to get it.

It only works for .MPG, .MPEG, and .MPE video files, but it works very well for those.

3. bookime wood

bookime wood

http://www.tmpgenc.net/

For mpeg1 free mpeg2 30 days

Try giving the format that you want to join, gives me something to go on.

regards

bookime

4. Foley471

Foley471 Thread Starter

most of the files are MPEGs... although a few are MPGs or WMAs. Do they all need to be the same type to montage?

5. bookime wood

bookime wood

Get yourself tmpgenc, it will join the mpeg/mpgs, I don't know what will join wma.

I am looking for a guide for you on how to join using tmpgenc

6. bookime wood

bookime wood

7. Big-K

Big-K

mpg files can simply be renamed to mpeg, it works fine. I learned this while trying to upload a video to tripod(they accept mpeg, but not mpg). Works both ways.

8. slickoe

slickoe

go to boilsoft.com, they not only have the best and easiest joiner i've seen, they also have a converter to convert one movie type to another so you can make a montage from different types.

9. bookime wood

bookime wood

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/206970