1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how do I enable my SPDIF optical port?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by guymad, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. guymad

guymad Thread Starter

I have a Antec Fusion X2 Media Centre PC HTPC 4Gb Computer HDMI + Window 7 64Bit , and on the back it has an HDMI socket and an SPDIF optical socket.
    What I want to do is run my projector off the HDMI socket and 5.1 audio from a Denon sound sound amp via the SPDIF /fibre . Connectivity wise is simple but in practice I get a great picture out on my projector and no sound via the SPDIF.
    If I go to the computer > sound I find the virtual mixer and you can see in the HDMI volume slider a sound bar going up and down with the music so sound is coming out of the HDMI port but I can not find anywhere any mention of the audio o/p via SPDIF. Is there any place I need to enable this port?

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    In Win7 all of the audio devices should be listed in the Sound options. This would include the standard audio chipset, the "HD" HDMI chipset, and the SPDIF. In the sound setup, you would simply change the default audio output to be the SPDIF.

If it's not listed, the port is disabled, not recognized, or there is a driver issue.

3. guymad

guymad Thread Starter

The default audio is "digital audio (HDMI)" there is no listing for SPDIF so how can I enable it?

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    If it's a motherboard connection, there may be an option in the BIOS.

Is it listed in Device Manager? If so, what is the status?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084960

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice