how do I enable my SPDIF optical port?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

guymad

I have a Antec Fusion X2 Media Centre PC HTPC 4Gb Computer HDMI + Window 7 64Bit , and on the back it has an HDMI socket and an SPDIF optical socket.
What I want to do is run my projector off the HDMI socket and 5.1 audio from a Denon sound sound amp via the SPDIF /fibre . Connectivity wise is simple but in practice I get a great picture out on my projector and no sound via the SPDIF.
If I go to the computer > sound I find the virtual mixer and you can see in the HDMI volume slider a sound bar going up and down with the music so sound is coming out of the HDMI port but I can not find anywhere any mention of the audio o/p via SPDIF. Is there any place I need to enable this port?

Oddba11

Jim
In Win7 all of the audio devices should be listed in the Sound options. This would include the standard audio chipset, the "HD" HDMI chipset, and the SPDIF. In the sound setup, you would simply change the default audio output to be the SPDIF.

If it's not listed, the port is disabled, not recognized, or there is a driver issue.

guymad

The default audio is "digital audio (HDMI)" there is no listing for SPDIF so how can I enable it?

Oddba11

Jim
If it's a motherboard connection, there may be an option in the BIOS.

Is it listed in Device Manager? If so, what is the status?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online