1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do i enable smooth scrolling?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by br1ng3r, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. br1ng3r

br1ng3r Thread Starter

Hi all, iv'e just done a fresh install of Windows XP (for various reasons). All is well apart from whenever i try to scroll through web pages, either using the bar or the wheel; it either jumps to the bottom of the screen or it goes in waves! Could anyone tell me how i can set to 'scroll smoothly'.
    In advance Happy Christmas and all the very best for the New Year. :eek:

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

IE > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Browsing section > Last entry > Enable smooth scrolling

3. br1ng3r

br1ng3r Thread Starter

WhitPhil, we got a 50/50 out of that one. Followed your advice and the scroll bar works like a charm. BUT the mouse wheel scrolling still jumps from top of page to the bottom. We both know that YOU know how to do it! So let me in on the secret!!!!!!!

4. WelshCanadian

WelshCanadian

Start > Control Panel > Mouse > Wheel Tab > "N" number of lines at a time.

5. br1ng3r

br1ng3r Thread Starter

Ho Ho Ho and a Very Merry Christmas to you. Thanks a lot to you, tried it and it works. All the best for the Holidays and the new year to you. Bit confused about the "Welsh" bit in your name, me being British an all.
    PM me and telll me why?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/782680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice