1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how do I find certain indexes?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by oddballBP, Jan 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oddballBP

oddballBP Thread Starter

So I understand there's certain ways to Google and find exactly what your looking for weather it's login portals or files but something I can't seem to figure out or find is how to use Google to find indexes I've attached a photo of what I basically am looking for.... all I had to do was Google index /manuels

So my question is how can I get better seach results because it also displays allot of websites when all I want is to connect to the pages like the one in the photo so i can download what I want how can I refine my Google search to just pull up indexes/parent directory's and skip the main website and just view the files like in the picture (works on some file hosting websites after a files reported and "taken down" it sits there in the index still downloadable just extra info) Screenshot_2019-01-29-10-47-49.png

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hello oddballBP, and welcome to TSG

Have you tried putting key phrases and key words in quotes to indicate they must be in the search results? As an example try putting the following, including the quotation marks into the Google search box:

Code:
    "Index of" "Parent Directory" "manuels"

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222449

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice