1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I find the key for my Microsoft Office 2013??

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by LightMascara, Sep 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LightMascara

LightMascara Thread Starter

I bought my laptop and it came with microsoft office already downloaded but I've never been able to actually use it because I don't have the product key and I don't know where to find it? or is there something else I have to do? I'm using a windows 8.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Windows PCs often come with MSOffice pre-installed - BUT its only a limited trial version and to continue to use you have to purchase a Key

Did you purchase a Key at all ?

Or did you buy a laptop and know it had a full version of MSOffice installed - If so they should have given you a Key

3. LightMascara

when i bought the laptop they said it would have it on it but with this office id have to be paying monthly??

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    its very rare to get a paid version of office on the PC - last time I saw that was about 14years ago with XP - although, I'm sure there are some offers around

All most ALL PCs do have Office pre-installed as a trial only

Some companies may offer a free one year subscription to Office 365

How long ago did you purchase the laptop
    Whats the Make and exact Model of the laptop

Do you have a receipt for the Laptop and also that it included a full version MSOffice and what version of MSOffice 2007/10/13 ?

The monthly payment (Annual) Subscription is office 365 - various versions - Home & Personal

5. LightMascara

i bought this laptop about 5 months ago and have been using google docs but i need this now to print out worksheets for classes that are online and i can only open it through microsoft:/ its like a hp windows one with the beats audio and a 360 touch screen. i dont think i have the recipt for the laptop the people never meantioned to keep it to register anything with it

6. LightMascara

I replied above, sorry new to this

7. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    You don't register any thing with it - Just proof of purchase of MSOffice

If all you want to do is Print - then you could use a free version - like openoffice
    http://www.openoffice.org/

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1155812

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice