How do I fix cmd stop popping everytime I restart my laptop?

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
Thanks. Then that isn’t the cause.
Do you have fast startup enabled?
Is it possible you can capture a video of what you see?

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
I’m confused, was fast startup on or off when I asked? If it was off then there’s no need to turn it on.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
If you boot in to safe mode does the cmd window still pop up?
If it does then I would Post in the malware forum to ensure you’re clean.

Couriant

James
I see them sometimes and it's usually because something updated, or checking for updates, but I would also suggest checking with the Malware forum to make sure your computer does not have anything that it shouldn't have.

mike44

Does the CLI window pop up and then close quickly, or do you have a chance to see anything showing in it? The other alternative is to go back into Task Manager, click on the Startup tab, and then disable all the programs. Reboot the machine and if it doesn't show that CLI window popping up, re-enable each program one by one, and reboot in between. Just make note of the ones which are disabled already, so you don't re-enable those.
When I have done this step, it doesn't pop up because all my startup programs are still disabled.

Last edited:

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
When I have done this step, it doesn't pop up because all my startup programs are still disabled.
That's because it's a two-part process, as I outlined already, viz. "Reboot the machine and if it doesn't show that CLI window popping up, re-enable each program one by one, and reboot in between. Just make note of the ones which are disabled already, so you don't re-enable those."

mike44

That's because it's a two-part process, as I outlined already, viz. "Reboot the machine and if it doesn't show that CLI window popping up, re-enable each program one by one, and reboot in between. Just make note of the ones which are disabled already, so you don't re-enable those."
I just did. I will keep you updated if it pops up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!