1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I fix these problems?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by hardwire12, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardwire12

hardwire12 Thread Starter

So, I've been having this problem for ages where my computer freezes - sometimes it makes a noise as it happens,sometimes it doesn't. If I ever try to put the computer to "sleep," it sort off tries to, but then just switches off. It also remains at 100% disk usage upon start-up, for quite some time, but then dies down and is fine. The computer is a retail bought Advent DT3415 Desktop, which used to work, until Windows 10. Here were its specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3770 Processor (3.90 GHz, 8MB cache)
    Operating system: Windows 8
    Storage: 2TB HDD, 7200rpm
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 (16GB maximum installable RAM)
    Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7770 (1GB DDR5)
    Motherboard: Customised ECS H61H2-MV

I have since upgraded it with these (note, the problems existed before and after the upgrade):

Ram: 16GB DDR3
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 390
    Power Supply: 750w (was formerly 500, I think)

Again, despite all these changes - the problem remains. 100% disk usage on start-up. Unable to sleep. Randomly it just freezes, at least once a day, but usually two or three. Event viewer always says the same: "Kernel-Power, Event 41 (task category 63)...the system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

I've tried literally every solution imaginable. I've been on video after video, and forum after forum, but nothing I do makes any difference whatsoever. So I'm finally posting myself. Whatever assistance you can give, is greatly appreciated.
    :)

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. I need please the results of this - so I have its present spec
    in one simple list
    http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

2. There are many variants of the R9 390 - which make is yours please and provide the exact model
    Some of these cards have a rather high power consumption
    What is the full make and model of the PSU

3. What AV and Firewall are in use please

4. Download the minitoolbox
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

when installed right click and click run as admin
    check ONLY installed programs
    Click GO
    that will place a text file on the desktop
    open
    select all and copy and paste to your reply

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1183320

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice