How do i flash my bios?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PT_Platinum

I want to flash my bios and update it since im having problems with my pc freezing on the pci device listing.
i have the bios for it which is revision 2.1,F5
http://tw.giga-byte.com/Support/Motherboar...?ProductID=2744

What else do i need to flash it?I have a floppy drive which im going to install on it temporary.
Im running XP home SP2.
If you can direct me to the exact files i need that would be great because i have never done this before and run me through on how to do it.Most websites have whole pages and are confusing.
Thank you

Never flash the BIOS unless the release notes for the update specifically state that the revision corrects a problem that you actually have.

A reasonable % of BIOS flashes go wrong, often causing economic loss of the motherboard, where repair/correction costs more that the PC is worth.

Flashing a BIOS is not a rereational activity.

PT_Platinum

Thing is my computer hangs on the pci device listing.And wont do anything.It also freezes when i enter bios os generally.
The only way i see it is by flashing my bios.
I tried replacing psu,cpu,gpu.
And i really doubt its the ram.

PT_Platinum

Shows nothing really, just the place where the FLASHSPI and ep35ds4.f5 file is extracted to.Maybe i need something else?

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Copy and paste the contents of the Autoexec file so that we can check it and then tell you how to flash your BIOS.
I need to see the EXACT text of the file.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online