1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I get a photo onto facebook?

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by auntievirus, Apr 23, 2010.

Advertisement
  1. auntievirus

auntievirus Thread Starter

I've been using an avatar until now, but since I don't post anything remotely personal on Facebook (just play games!) I'd like to use a photo. I'm a real dumbo, how do I go about it? Please don't be too technical. Words of one syllable or less would be best!

AV:confused:

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Click on Profile, then on account, application settings,then photos, at the top a little to the right you will see upload photos or videos ....

You can do the same thing from your wall ....or home page ..

3. auntievirus

auntievirus Thread Starter

Hi
    Thanks for the advice. I now have a photo on my computer. I'm quite proud of myself that I've got this far. However could you please tell me - in simple laguage I beg of you! how I get it from there to replace my avatar onto facebook? Yes I know I'm a bit of a dummy?

Thanks again

AV :eek:

4. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Its not clear on facebook how you do it I know,so your not a dummy, been a while since I did that myself ....try this go to profile and top left there should be something showing by your name,move mouse pointer over that and it should say "change picture" click on that and you have a few options to choose from about loading a picture to there ...you must have the picture on your computer that you want to upload ....post back on result ....

5. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

I think Bob's instructions are pretty clear :) but just in case you are still confused, I will paste this from Facebook:

How do I add or change a profile picture?

You can add or change a profile picture in any of the following ways:
    ■To set a photo that you or a friend has already uploaded to Facebook as your profile picture, select "Make Profile Picture" at the bottom right when you are viewing the photo.
    ■To upload a picture that you have saved on your computer, move your mouse over your profile picture and click the pencil icon. Select "Upload a picture" from the drop-down menu and follow the on-screen directions.
    ■To take a new profile picture using your webcam, move your mouse over your profile picture and click the pencil icon. Select "Take a picture" from the drop-down menu and follow the on-screen directions. If you choose to take a picture using your webcam, you may first have to allow your Flash player to access your webcam.

You can edit the thumbnail version of your profile picture at any time by moving your mouse over your profile picture, clicking the pencil icon, and selecting "Edit Thumbnail." If you wish, you can also remove your profile picture by moving your mouse over your profile picture, clicking the pencil icon, and selecting "Remove your Picture."

If you are having trouble adding or changing your profile picture, please note that you cannot upload a photo if it is more than three times as tall as it is wide. If you are still experiencing this problem, please report the issue here.
    http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=13568

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918845

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice