1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how do i get all my new emails in gmail to go to my inbox?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by irish66, Oct 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irish66

irish66 Thread Starter

A long time back, all my emails started going into my allmail box instead of my inbox.
    Most of the time, that doesn;t bother me. But there are times, when i lose focus on the allmail.
    Then I have to try and remember the shortcut to get back to allmail, or to go the sibebar, where Inbox is on top and below that "important" and so on. But to get to allmail, you have to go down to more, and find AllMail as a submenu in that. It might even be necessary to make the browser page smaller, so you can see the More menu.
    So is it possible to either (a) get messages to go into inbox, or to bring Allmail up to the top of the sidebar, where Inbox is located.
    The second one would be my first choice, as that's where my most of all my emails are ie in allmail.
    But if i can only do the first thing ie get messages to appear in my inbox, is there a way to move all mails in my allmail box to my inbox?

update. Okay, after all these years, i have found out that all mail refers to archived mail.
    So if all my mail is going into archived mail, does that mean that at one stage, i chose to have all my mail be archived. Perhaps I hit something invaderntly.
    I came upon this, because I had another question about Archived mail. I was wondering if I was looking at mail, in all mail, and ticked a post, and chose to archive it, and then deleted it, was it still in the archive. But as I am in the archive (all mail) I am deleting it from the archive, or am I.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    No, All Mail is exactly what it says. Mail in every location: Inbox, any folders you created, archived emails, trash and spam.
    There is a label in front of the subject line telling you where that particular email is located.
    When you delete from the archive it moves to trash. You will see it in All Mail with Trash in front of the subject.
    You can also see it if you open Trash.

Go to settings: (gear icon) then click on labels. If you cahnge All Mail from Hide to Show it will appear at the top rather than having to click the arrow aside of More.

3. irish66

irish66 Thread Starter

Thank you very much.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1179452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice