How do I get audio icon and others back?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

infernodash

What do I need to do to get the audio icon and the rest of my start up icons to show next to the time in the taskbar during startup?

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\CAPDPSRV.EXE
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\iFinger\iFinger.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

The three in bold are usually what pops up but it hasnt. Also the windows update dont show in the taskbar.

infernodash

StumpedTechy said:
Your saying you have no icons at all in your systray? or your just missing some? if you are missing all of them and have none hidden than try this -

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

and look for line 294 in there is hide or show systray icons.
Yes, I have no system tray icons at start up, I'm sorry for the wrong wording. Under line 294 I see Hide or Show Notification Area Icons. Is this what you wanted me to view?

Yeah notification area = systray sorry for the miswording. Its a vbs script that should work its magic once ran. I believe this will only take hold once you reboot after its ran.

infernodash

Thank You, it's not permanent and is empty again at startup, but thanks again for the help.

infernodash: to get the Audio icon to show, go to Control Panel>Double click Sounds and Audio devices, on the Volume tab there is a box 'Place volume Icon in task bar.'
Check it and you will have the icon.
As for the other icons, do you have them hidden while inactive?
Right Click Start Menu button>Properties>Task bar tab>Customize. Look around to see what you have. You can Right click on any of the programs and it will give you a box with a Drop down arrow. You have 3 choices.Alwas hide-Always show-Hide when inactive.
Make your selections and then check the box 'Hide Inactive Icons.' Apply-OK.
Let me know if this works for you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online