Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How do I get data off an old hard disk drive?

378 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
Hello I’m not sure you can help but i hope you can. So basically I have an hard disk drive that i took out of an old computer because i think it stopped working which was ages ago. I now have this hard disk drive which i really want to see the data on which is family pictures and videos. I have purchased things to try and view the data on a laptop like a docking station and an adapter but still i couldn’t see anything. I really don’t know what to do because i keep getting my hopes up thinking the next thing i buy will work but it doesn’t. I just want to know what i need to do or even buy to be able to see the data so i can move the pictures and videos onto something like an SD card. I just don’t want the drive to collect dust and become so old that it doesn’t work at all.

#4 ·
i took out of an old computer because i think it stopped working
If it stopped working and has been sitting around for, as you said, ages, it won't magically start working again.
If is doesn't spin up and is not seen, no enclosure or adapter will allow the contents to be seen when hooked up to another computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.