1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how do I get different email accounts in outlook?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by brucegleason, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brucegleason

brucegleason Thread Starter

Me, my wife and my sone have 3 different email accounts all from my domain thumbsupvideo.com. I am trying to use outlook to only get one email when each of us logs on so each of us retrieves only the email to that person.
    any help is appreciated!

bruce gleason

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You need three POP host accounts to separate the mail that way. My guess is you only have a single POP host account.

I solved that problem with my wife by routing her mail from my domain to her Comcast POP mailbox. That way she has a permanent email address, but currently gets it from Comcast. If I change from Comcast, I'll just forward it somewhere else.

There are methods to deal with a single POP host and multiple mail accounts, you just need to install a mail forwarding program that maps different email addresses to different virtual POP host addresses.

3. LooseCannon

LooseCannon

Hi Bruce,

There are two ways that I know of to solve your problem. You can either set up three identities in Outlook Express and clicking File->Identities->Add New Identity. Then you can switch between them by clicking File->Switch Identities. You will have to add the respective email account to the corresponding identity.

The second way is to add all three email accounts in
    Tools->Accounts and then to click Tools->MessageRules->Mail and select "Where the message is from the specified account" in the top window and then select "Move it to the specified folder" in the window below that. And finally click the links in the bottom window to specify the account and folders to send everything to. You will need to create a folder for each account. This method receives all the messages but they are distributed to different folders and then you would just check your own folder and view them from there.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice that you said Outlook and not Outlook Express. The above does not apply to Outlook.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/139423

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice