1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do i get MSN MESSENGER 5.0 back?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by LegallyBlond, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LegallyBlond

LegallyBlond Thread Starter

Hello agen it's me still havin troubles wid MSN MESSENGER

Well i have MSN MESSENGER 6.0 and i've uninstalled it but its sort of still der but MSN MESSENGER 5.0 is still on my pc.

My question is how do i keep 5.0 and get dat workin agen and completely unistall 6.0?

Any1 know??

PLZ help

Legally Blond x x x

2. BillC

BillC

Have you gone to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, and deleted the one you don't want there?

Then go into your Programs list, double click on version 5.0 and it should open.

3. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Look at this! http://www.oldversion.com What you want is there. If MSN Messenger 6, or whatever version is on your HDD you'll need to uninstall it in the Add/Remove Programs control panel; Restart your computer; Then double-click the download you got from oldversion.com.

4. LegallyBlond

Thank u for da advice,

I have uninstalled 5.0 and tried downloadin it from www.olderversion.com but nuttin is happenin!

Any suggestions?

Legally Blond x x

5. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Well, if you used the address you posted above, its oldversion.com not olderversion.com no wonder. What exactly do you mean by 'nothing is happening.'

Click on the following blue link - http://www.oldversion.com ; then scroll page-up on the next page that appears and click the MSN Messenger link at left and then choose the Messenger version you want by clicking on the entry to start the download.

6. LegallyBlond

Sorri ignore me i did click on oldversion.com not olderversion.com (it was me bein blonde)

Anwayz when i click on MSN MESSENGER 5.0 (win 98/ME)
    It goes on to another page sayin 'Your download should start automatically.'If your download does not start, click here.
    So i click on the hyperlink and nuttin happens it says Done in the bottom left hand corner but ther is nuttin der.

Advice

Legally Blond x x

7. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Let the download start automatically. Leave the hyperlink alone. When the download does start automatically a dialog will come up with a Save button on it. Click Save. The next dialog appears, it is called Save As at the top with a drop-down arrow beside the Save In box, that you can use to point the download to a folder of your choice or, you can accept the default location, Usually Desktop or My Documents - note where the download is being pointed to and click the Save button.

After the download is done navigate to where the download was being saved to by the Windows Download Wizard (as necessary) , as described above, and double-click the download icon, in this case called SPF or spf, to start Sygate to install itself.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!