1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do i get rid of "Quick Note" ?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Abrie25, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abrie25

Abrie25 Thread Starter

Hey all, not a humungous problem but none the less a humungous annoyance. A while ago, I downloaded some shareware/freeware called "Quick Note" A little program that makes a notebook pop up for easy access. Well, this was fine and dandy when i got it until i realized that it wasnt needed and i was just being lazy. i coudl easily go to notepad if i wanted to jot something down. so anyway, this pesky intruder will not go away. Ive look in my registry, did a search, obviously tryed to delete through programs and control panel. Although its off my list of programs, every time i bootup its still there hovering at the top of my screen just nananabooing me. Anyone know the steps for removal of this annoyance? I would greatly appreciate it. Thankyou :)

2. killah

killah

get HijackThis and run it, and post the log here, that will enable us to see what exactly is going on, where it is hiding, and hopefully how to remove it :)

You can get HijackThis from www.majorgeeks.com under the Spyware tools...sorry I dont havea direct link to it :)

3. Abrie25

Abrie25 Thread Starter

NM, I think i removed all traces of it. For some reason it didnt fully delete when i uninstalled it from control panel. If its still there, ill post a hijack this log. Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324651

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice