1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do i get rid of them?? PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by milkis, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milkis

milkis Thread Starter

I connected to the wrong network and i think i'm now being hacked Hello,
    I've been renting out a room in a duplex and I use my landlord's network.
    so theres multiple people sharing the same network.
    When I looked at the Network Neighbors, I see 2 other PCs and 1 media device other than my PC.
    I know for sure one of them is my landlord's computer and the other PC and the media device belongs to the people living downstairs from me.
    I'm not really sure but I know there are more people sharing the network but i seem to only see my landlord's PC and the downstairs people's PC. (is that normal?)

About a month or so ago the linkys server was extremely slow and kept on loosing internet connection,
    and i really needed to get some paper work done through internet so I (being a newbie when it comes to computers)
    connected my computer to another network called 'downstairs computer' which i didn't think then but realized later that it was a pc.
    when i found out i was connected to someone else's computer, I disconnected myself from them and AS soon as i did that, the people living downstairs started screaming at me and
    calling out my name.. They knew my name somehow! (I've never met them or talked to them! oh! and i can hear them talking through the floor cos they talk really loud..)
    When this happend, i didn't think they would be hacking into my computer so i didn't bother..
    but ever since that day, I've been getting very strange signs of hakers..

Possible Sign #1
    Whenever I download a movie or TV shows (I pay for them btw - and i think the hacker is using up my account since the points i pay for downloading movies/tv shows get lower when i didn't even download anything)
    the visual run extremely slow (audio is fine though).. like someone else is downloading it too
    This might be b/c there's something wrong with my media player (i use GOMplayer)
    but I never had this problem before!
    Strange thing is.. when I play videos from my landlord's sharing folder (it was opened and i looked in, when i was in search of the hacker's IP Address- which i think i found) it played perfectly fine!

Possible sign #2
    I go on Youtube alot and I watch alot of beauty blogs (im a girl btw)
    and whenever i watch them, the people downstairs say 'BOOOOO' out loud..
    (I'm guessing they find it boring since they're a guy)
    but when i watch something funny, i hear them laughing (the timing is just right too! they would laugh at the funny parts of the video).

Possible sign #3
    I listen through headphones connected to my laptop since I stay up very late at night and i don't want to disturb anyone - and I hear someone talking through mics from my headphones - but the voice is very low so i can't make out what they're saying but i swore i heard them say 'can you hear me?' the other day o_O
    And the people living downstairs used to sleep early (I know this because they are very rude and loud and i hear them from my room) but now they stay up untill i go to sleep or something!! cos i hear them laughing and talking all night long!

I don't know what to do.. This situation is stressing me out and i scared to even turn on my laptop now.
    I'm terrified that this guy might have seen all my information and saw personal files on my laptop.
    I tried looking through DOS and everything but like i said, I don't know much about computers..
    I want to report them but I do not have solid proof of them hacking into my computer since
    My Laptop looks fine other than that it's running REALLLYYY Slow these days
    I read somewhere that i can report a hacker to my ISP..
    do you think they'll be able to help?
    I know this was very long but i would appreciate it SOOOOOOOOOOOOO oh SO much if anyone
    can help me out :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914233

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice