1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I get stuff from my other partition?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by FirePhoenix, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FirePhoenix

FirePhoenix Thread Starter

Aug 17, 2012
    Hello :),

I have got a mac, but for the programs of my school who don't work at my Mac I made a partition with windows 7 (I did this with Bootcamp). If I am on the mac, it's easy to get stuff from my windows... but if I am on Windows, I can't find the stuff at Apple (stuff like my Music, Word-Documents, Pictures...).

So my question is: What is the best way (or is there a way) to get my stuff from Mac while I am working on the Windows. :confused:

(PS: I'm sorry for my bad English... I live in Holland :rolleyes:)

FirePhoenix (y)
  2. j0hnx777

Aug 16, 2012
    I'm not sure if that's even possible because Mac runs its own file system (MFS) and it's not supported by Windows 7.
  3. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Mar 23, 2005
    Assuming it is the above suggested file system problem search for a third party app that runs in Windows and reads that kind of partition. Else use your MAC OS to copy or move the files to the Windows partition, or to a separate data partition (formatted NTFS).
  4. oldwise

Aug 20, 2012
    Boot your computer using a "Live Ubuntu" disk (you can download this from a Ubuntu website free of charge}. Copy the files you want and paste them wherever you like. Alternatively, boot up Mac and copy the files to a pendrive then reboot into Windows and paste.
  5. tootle

tootle Banned

Aug 16, 2012
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065499