1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do i get the data from my form into a report so i can print??

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by karlhaywood, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. karlhaywood

karlhaywood Account Closed Thread Starter

Hi everyone i have a database with 4 forms in, when i fill the data in one form i want to be able to press a command button that will print the data into a report. Is this possible? Im using access 2000 on xp pro

Thanks in Advance.

2. OBP

OBP

Karl, yes of course it is possible, but a question first.
    Do you wnat to print just the Record on the Screen or all the Records from the tables/Form?

3. karlhaywood

Hi OBP it will just be the record which is on screen.

4. OBP

OBP

A shortcut method to do this is to save the Form as a Report using the Saveas.
    You can then create an "Open Report" command button on your Form and modify the VBA code to filter the Report to use the same record as selected on the Form.

The other way to do it is to create A query and Report and filter the Query to the Record on the form.

5. karlhaywood

Thanks OBP i will have a read up on how to do that because i dont have a clue

6. OBP

OBP

I can do it for you later.

7. karlhaywood

You sure? I feel so cheeky asking. This database is for a project i am doing at work. as you will be able to see when the database opens there is four buttons, click the one that says orders, when all of the fields are filled out i want to be able to press a button that will print all that data into a report called invoice.

Would there be a way of backing all this data up at the end of each day and saved on to my external hard drive?

Attached Files:

8. OBP

OBP

Karl, yes you can make a copy of it using Windows Scheduler.

9. OBP

OBP

Here it is.

Attached Files:

10. karlhaywood

Thanks OBP. Havent had time to have a proper look yet the mrs dont let me work at night. i want to try and create a mail order system using access minus the credit card processing as we are going to do that through paypal. Do you think this is possible or just to much work to handle?

Once again you have done it thanks OBP.

11. OBP

OBP

A mail order system should be quite straight forward. I can probably make it quite efficient for you.

12. karlhaywood

Thats if you dont mind of course. Basically we need a form which we could input customers details in and if they wish to place an order press a button that will take you to the order screen. The order screen needs to have a box of payment methods e.g Cheque, cash, postal order, credit or debit card if the cheque is selected we need a box to appear to put the cheque number in. also a box of shipping methods e.g 1st class, 2nd class royal mail when all that is complete just a basic report to print the invoice for the customer which will include prefix, firstname, surname, address, postcode, order id, product ordered, goods total, p+p, balance due.

Can you think of anything else?

13. OBP

OBP

Well the first thing that comes to mind is a Products (that you are selling) table, a Payment Method Table, a Shipping Method Table.
    Are you doing this on Ebay?
    I have produced various Sales type databases with Invoicing and it is a bit more complicated that your current database.
    Do you want to keep an account of your expenses, like Jiffy Bags, Bubble Wrap, Labels etc?

14. karlhaywood

Hi OBP Just sent you a list via Gmail.

Let mw know if this is ok.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918488

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice