1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I get Worksheet tabs to print when sheet is printed?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jeffreysee, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jeffreysee

jeffreysee Thread Starter

I have a gradebook that is very different from traditional gradebooks. Each class is a separate file and then each student has their own worksheet so I can individually track their proficiency on a variety of tasks (By all means tell me if this is stupid and recommend an easier way). When I want to print out a students gradebook sheet for a conference, how do I get their name (which is on the tab, to print with the printed page?

2. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hi,

A short answer ...

Code:
    ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = ActiveSheet.Name
    A question though ... would it be somewhat effective to loop through all sheets in a file and do this? Also, how about looping through all files in a folder and doing this? Would it not be easier to do them all at once, or is this a 'one-shot deal'?

Also, btw, you can do this with LeftHeader, RightHeader, LeftFooter, CenterFooter & RightFooter. Other format attributes can also be added if desired. :)

3. JudyB

JudyB

I'd use the header/footer myself. Choose view/header footer. Then click "Custom" header or footer. With your cursor in the section you want to use, click on the icon that's a picture of a worksheet with little tabs on the bottom. You can combine other info like the date at the same time.

Also, if you want to set this up for all your tabs (students) at the same time, select all the sheets (select the first tab, then shift/select the last tab) and you'll only have to set the header/footer up once. IMPORTANT: Just be sure to remember when you finish to select only "ONE" of the sheets again. Otherwise if you forget and all the sheets are selected, when you go to enter a score on one sheet, it will be entered on ALL THE SHEETS! (voice of experience here).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/278604