Solved How do I go from Windows Mail to OE classic?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Patricia133

Hello there

I have had to upgrade to Windows 10 from XP so no longer able to use Outlook Express. I have been using Windows Mail but I don't like it. I have read about OE classic and I think this is the one I will use. How do I go from Mail to OE ? Can I just set the new one up and take the email address settings out of Mail so that the emails no longer go to Mail ?
Many thanks

Patricia 133

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8104 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 232 GB (170 GB Free); E: 232 GB (180 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., H110M-S2H-CF
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Do you have MS Office installed, if so what version?

Patricia133

The Microsoft Office I have is 2003 which Windows 10 doesn't seem to work with. In fact for Excel and Word I now use LibreOffice.

RT

Hello and welcome to TSG!

It is my understanding, and experience, that OutLook Express is a thing of the past. And I preferred OE when I had the 2003 version of Office installed, just like you.
This article might help.

Patricia133

The OE classic I mentioned is a stand alone programme not the one in Office and apparently it's very similar to the Office OE. That's the one I want to download and use but I'm not very confident so thought I would ask the question about changing over.

Thanks

plodr

Liz
So this is the program you are asking about
https://www.oeclassic.com/

You'll start reading here
https://www.oeclassic.com/online-help-quickstart
especially the part that says Importing your old emails
and here
https://www.oeclassic.com/online-help-quickstart

Note: I don't use an email program and haven't for years so I can only point you to help for what you wish to do.

If it were me, before I import emails or attempt to, I'd be sure to have them backed up somewhere off the computer just in case something goes wrong.

Patricia133

OK thanks - I'll read these articles and follow instructions and hopefully it will go smoothly !

plodr

Liz
I was hoping to find a forum for this program but so far haven't been able to find anything.

Patricia133

I gave up trying to find out how to transfer at least my contacts to OE Classic and entered them manually.

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online