1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I improve resolution on DVD burning?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by cuttlefish, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cuttlefish

cuttlefish Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ian
    I use Nero 7 Premium (Photo Story) or Windows Movie Maker to create pic slideshows from JPG images. When the application comes to saving it, it is always around the 320 x ??? resolution figure and there don't seem any options to improve that resolution?
    The original pics directly from my Olympus Digital Camera are all "high resolution" so as a newbie, I am kinda confused with the relationship of these two sets of resolution......duh!

Like how do I make high resolution DVD's for playing back on my Telly when the applications don't seem to give me that option? :eek: :eek:

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    What is the resolution of your telly and DVD player. There is no way you are going to display the full detail of a photo from a modern day digital camera on a typical home TV set.

3. cuttlefish

cuttlefish Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ian
    Thanks for reply!
    I have Toshiba Plasma 108 cm and I think the res is about 1024 something.......?
    DVD Res? Gee, didn't know there was such a thing i trms of resolution...........! It is a late 2006 Sony model that I guess is pretty high res?
    I guess my real interest is why the software (Nero) only offers a res of about 320 x ??? to make DVD's for Telly. Thought I would have been able to go higher than that?
    Think I had better do some reading on the subject!

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Check the DVD player's owner's manual to see what video formats it supports. If it only lists NTSC and/or PAL then, your vertical resolution is under 500 lines (NTSC) or 600 (PAL) in very rough numbers.

If your player supports High Definition playback, then you will need to burn your slide show using a burner such as this one (http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/05/toshiba-unveils-sd-h903a-hd-dvd-burner-for-pcs/) and using compatible high density blank discs.

5. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

It always helps to have your country listed in your profile, it makes answers to questions like this easier.

So for me, D1 NTSC resolution = 720 x 486, which is what all my Nero projects pump out.

What country do you live in?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541087

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice