1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I insert images from my PC to my Sony Cybershot DSC-T7?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by htn, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. htn

htn Thread Starter

I can copy images from the camera to my PC/laptop just fine - how do I do the opposite of this? I've tried and the images never ever show.

2. NICK G

NICK G Banned

I'm no shutter bug but never heard of uploading pics to camera.
    I don't think digital cameras have an input port but merely a download port.
    My best guess.:)

3. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

When you have the camera plugged into the PC (usually with a USB cable), it should show up in My Computer as Removable Drive.

Theoretically, you should be able to double-click on it and work your way to the folder where the camera normally stores pictures you take and just drag and drop pictures from your PC into it.

I'm not sure if you have to rename the pictures to match the format the camera automatically uses or not though in order for the pictures to show on the camera.

4. htn

htn Thread Starter

I tried it and I got some interesting results.
    I can drag some pictures (pictures that are stored on a Memory Stick Duo) and I can insert them to the camera with no problem, I don't even have to rename them.
    However any other image file, JPEG, GIF or PNG that I insert just show up as "File Error" on the camera.

5. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

As you found, its easy to transfer to/from the camera, as it is a 2 way connection. As for files, you need to check what your camera will recognise in terms of format, (eg jpeg, tiff, etc) and make sure th epictures you drag on are the same type. It might be necessary to resize them to a format the camera recognises, but most thesedays seem to be failry happy :)

6. NICK G

NICK G Banned

htn, I still have a prob with why xfering pics to camera. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Xfer pics to a usb thumb flash drive to make the pics mobile.
    I may have to now buy a digital camera just to play with. I saw 7.2 megapixels <$100.
    Cool.(y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701975

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice