1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I install a program that is burned on a CD

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Cheryl, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

I have a program that is burned on a CD and I want to install it on my computer. How do I go about installing it? I am using Windows XP.

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

Well usually one has to only dbl click it. That is all i ever had to do. Right click and see what options you have.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

When I went into "my computer" "cd drive" a bunch of files came up. Then when I click on them more files appear. Should I be looking for some code on these files?

4. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

The program you have on the CD should be in the E drive i would think. When i have done that new E shows up when right clicking MY Computer.

5. simelwill

simelwill

Wot program is it and is it compressed?
    When you click on My Computer right click on your CD drive and click Explore.
    Is there a setup.exe for example?

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You have to run the file that installs the program. Usually it's called setup.exe or install.exe. What program is this? Where did the CD come from?

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

It is called "Sonic" and it's a program for burning CD's. When I right clicked on there was one icon called ssdsetup. When I double clicked on it - a black box came up after one second it said it was installed.... :confused:

8. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Since most programs come on CD's these days, what is different about this one. For example, is it the origianl manufacture's CD? Or is it simply a burned copy after it was installed? The latter probably won't work.

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

Yes it was installed and then burned to a CD. That was how it was originally installed was from a burned copy.....

10. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

So it was not being installed from either the original CD or a burned copy of the original source files? Maybe that is part of the problem. Normally you just can't burn the installation directory of a program and expect it to work.

But if it did before, what were the steps you took to get it to work the first time.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491230

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice